Villa and Park Sauli Pallavicino

16011 Arenzano GE, Italia

Simona Bertolaso

Arenzano

Share

Distance
Duration
Type
Palazzi, Ville e Castelli
Hosted in
Inglese
Facility
Food, Tickets, Equiphment

Description

In the 16th century, the Pallavicino family bought a vast estate in Arenzano and built their villa there, incorporating a tower of medieval origin. At the beginning of the nineteenth century the gardens were transformed into a park according to the project of the Swiss engineer Ippolito Cremona. Only in 1880, however, the transformation into a park was radical.
Marquise Luisa Sauli Pallavicino commissioned the architect Luigi Rovelli, who had already worked successfully in Arenzano, with the project. The villa took on the appearance of a medieval manor, according to the fashion and taste of the time. In 1931 a new greenhouse with monumental shapes in iron and glass was inaugurated, designed by the architect Lamberto Cusani drawing on French and English examples of the nineteenth century. The villa became municipal property in the early 1980s and is now the seat of the Town Hall.

image map