St. Augustine’s Old Jail

167 San Marco Ave, St Augustine, FL 32084, Stati Uniti

Simona Bertolaso

St. Augustine

Share

Distance
Duration
Type
Siti Storici
Hosted in
Inglese
Facility
Food, Tickets, Equiphment

Description

St. Augustine’s Old Jail was built in 1891 to accommodate the city’s criminals. Financed by railroad magnate Henry Flagler, the jail was designed to blend in with the rest of the Ancient City’s buildings and features Romanesque Revival-style architecture. In 1954, a year after the jail closed, the property reopened as a historic attraction. The facility was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.

image map